Your goal is to win!
You win the game when you move all cards to the foundations (the 4
empty stacks in the upper right corner).
You must start each foundation with an Ace. Then you can place cards
of the same suit in ascending order: Ace, 2, 3, 4, ..., 10, Jack,
Queen and King.
Cards are shuffled and 28 are dealt on the tableau (the 7 stacks in
the bottom of the screen). The remaining 24 cards form the deck (top
left) and the game start with one card turned from the deck into the
- The last card of each stack from the tableau can be transferred to
the foundation of the same suit, in ascending order.
- Any visible card from one stack can be moved to another, but in
alternate color and descending order: 7 of Hearts, 6 of Clubs, 5 of
Diamonds, 4 of Clubs...
- The top card from the waste can also be played to the tableau or
- Only a King can be moved to an empty stack.
When all moves are done, you turn one card from the deck to the discard
stack before playing it to a foundation or on the tableau if suitable.
When the deck is empty, the cards discarded are reused. You will know
when you have lost.
How to play Free Klondike Solitaire
copy the gameplay from Windows Classic Solitaire:
- Use drag & drop to move cards from one stack to another
- Click on the deck to draw one new card
- Double-click on a card to add it to a foundation
- Right-click on the background to move all possible cards to the foundations
Klondike Solitaire online help
Simply click the top left title to play a new solitaire game, or use
one of the menu commands:
- GAME: Play a new game of solitaire (or press F2) at any time, even
in the middle of a game.
- HINT: Get some help to find your next best move (or press H).
- UNDO: Back up one move (or press Control+Z). You can continue to
undo until you reach the beginning of the game.
- ≡ MENU: Play another free online solitaire card game like Klondike,
Golf or Cruel Solitaire.